Hello,

I'll first off say that I don't understand much of this! What I do understand is that my internet connection is appalling and my ISP have so far not been helpful. It's been going on almost 3 months now.

I am getting a lot of packet loss on the second hop. It always starts on the second hop and it carries right through to the end every time. It isn't constant, but it's very frequent (often every few minutes or so). There are usually a few devices connected to the router, but the issue remains even if just one is using it. It isn't unusual for the packet loss to end up reaching over 80% loss.

For the last 3 months (when I moved to this property) my connection has been barely usable. So far my ISP have had me do a lot of power cycling and turning things off and on again and yes I'm sure it's plugged in. It's connected via ethernet cable. They sent me a new router about a month ago and it didn't do anything different. Today they said the next step was to send me a new router... That was when I had had enough, clearly they are not listening as they already did that and it didn't work! I asked what the next step after that was... they didn't know...

Anyway, so hopefully I've added a couple of images to this post so you can see what I'm talking about and someone can point me in the right direction so I can point them in the right direction!

ETA: this is an NBN FTTP connection in case that makes any difference.

Attachments
0402pm.jpg (124 downloads)
0602am.jpg (128 downloads)

Edited by imme (02/06/20 05:58 AM)