Topic Options
#3908 - 01/14/22 02:49 PM New to Pingman
Dom Offline

please could someone help me analyze this graph any help would be great.

many thanks to you all

John

Attachments
Ping Plotter 2.jpg (53 downloads)
Ping Plotter 3.jpg (42 downloads)

Edited by Dom (01/14/22 03:54 PM)

#3909 - 01/18/22 03:48 PM Re: New to Pingman [Re: Dom]
Jacob Offline

Hi John,

Thanks for writing into the forum!

Thank you for providing the screenshots of your results, but sadly the 2 screenshots you provided aren't really painting a full picture for me due to not seeing all of the hops (mainly hop #1 and hop #2). From your screenshots we can see that you are experiencing very high latency and a lot of jitter on hop #7 and hop #13 which are the ones that you highlighted. To get a full picture of what might be happening I would need a bit more information.

If you can share your results, that would help out a lot on understanding what is going on. You can do this in PingPlotter by clicking on File -> Share -> Create Share Page. This will open up a browser tab with all of your current view PingPlotter data. If you can copy the URL of that page and send it to us we can help you out a bit more in understanding what might be going on and possible steps to troubleshoot the issue. You can either post the URL here or email us at support@pingman.com

We look forward to hearing back from you on this!

Thanks,
Jacob

#3910 - 01/20/22 05:40 AM Re: New to Pingman [Re: Jacob]
Dom Offline

#3913 - 01/27/22 11:22 AM Re: New to Pingman [Re: Dom]
Jacob Offline

Hi John,

Thank you for getting us this information, sorry for the delay in response!

After looking through the information that you provided us, it looks like the problem is originating either from your router (hop #1) or the connection to your router (Network adapter/Wireless adapter on the computer PingPlotter is installed on, ethernet cable between the computer and router, ethernet port/wireless receiver on the router, or the router itself).

You can see in the data you provided that you are seeing 32.7% packet loss (PL%) at your first hop which carries through all the way through to the last hop (our website), with this you can see that the router is not getting all the data out that it needs too and is causing issues.

We have a few articles you can read on this, but below are the two I believe that are closely related to your current network issues.

Solving Hardware Problems

Common Network Problems - Scroll down to the "Bad Hardware on Local Network section"

Please let me know if this helps you in troubleshooting your network issues!

Thanks,
Jacob

Edited by Jacob (01/27/22 11:23 AM)

#3917 - 01/29/22 12:37 AM Re: New to Pingman [Re: Jacob]
Dom Offline

https://share.pingplotter.com/bHLboZKaMPz

hi guys thank you for your posts i thought you might like to see want happens when i down load a large file not good!!

John

Search

Who's Online
0 registered (), 18 Guests and 1 Spider online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod