This extension adds an alert event to show a tray balloon hint. This is different than the existing PingPlotter event that changes the tray icon and shows a hint because this can be configured to show when an alert stops firing as well.
This does not
change the tray icon - it only shows a balloon message there.Required PingPlotter Pro version
This extension requires PingPlotter Pro 3.30.0p or higher.Installation Instructions
- Download the attachment from this post (link near the title). The file will be named "Alert Event - Tray Balloon Message.ppx".
- Save it in your "c:\Program Files\Pingplotter Pro\scripts" directory (or the appropriate path if you've not installed to that location).
- Close and restart PingPlotter Pro.
- Go to the alerts setup (Edit -> Alert Setup...)
- Create a new alert, or select one of your existing alerts you want to test this on.
- Configure an alert event and select the "Show a tray balloon message" type.
- Fill in the appropriate parameters and test it!
Of course, all the variables / substitutions
work in the text area for the message as well.Wrap up
If you find any issues are problems, please post a message here or send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org
Edit: Scripted updated October 23rd, 2011