I sent Comcast the two plots from your previous message, plus the screen capture of my speed test and a link to the video of the Roku/Netflix performance I sent you earlier.

A Comcast technical person called to say they were sending out a service technician because from his end it looked like there was a signal problem. I said the data I sent him indicated there was not a signal problem. He said "We don't use data from an outside party, only our own."

The service tech arrived today and said there was nothing wrong with the Comcast equipment, the problem must be with Netflix. Actually he said there was no problem at all, then said it was a Netflix problem. So, the non-problem is somebody else's. I explained to him I now have Netflix pointing at them and them pointing back at Netflix.

Later I spoke again with the Comcast technical person who had said they ignore all information except their own. He said since their signal and their modem were within specifications that's the only thing Comcast is responsible for. When I asked, "Doesn't Comcast have switching stations and don't they process signals at a higher level," he would not address these questions.

In summary, Comcast refuses to do anything. This is a consistent pattern. They always either deny there's a problem or point the finger at someone else (In this case they did both). For two years we had routine brief dropouts. They caused issues like our VOIP phone disconnecting suddenly or me hearing the other person but them not hearing me. These happened at the rate of a hundred to a thousand a day. Comcast refused to acknowledge there was a problem. After MANY calls to Comcast, in desperation I finally sent a letter to my councilman which she forwarded to Comcast. After that they sent a knowledgeable technician who isolated the problem to the box at the end of our street which services many houses.

Within the last six months we've replaced the TV DVR 5 times. I'd been swapping them myself. After the fourth replacement I called for them to send someone. The service tech came, said the problem was caused by my entertainment system and left. I bypassed my equipment and the problems continued. I had to wait a week. They promised not to send the same tech. The same guy showed up. When I demonstrated it couldn't be my equipment he installed a fifth DVR which has greatly improved the situation, though we still get audio dropouts.

So when you suggested I had to contact Comcast my heart sank. I'm not sure whether they're service people are incompetent in general or Comcast doesn't want to spend what it takes to make their equipment work properly or it's such a ponderous bureaucracy they're unable to get anything done or a combination of these. But, they're an exceptionally frustrating, non functional company, and given the amount of money I pay them it borders on criminal.

Edited by i_am_jim (02/28/14 09:56 PM)