Topic Options
#3629 - 03/29/20 01:59 PM Lately internet is so bad and isp not helping at all
OT19 Offline

Lately when am playing games or surfing the internet i have packet loss for about 20 seconds and i keep disconnecting from games.i downloaded pingplotter to troubleshoot the issue and it shows that sometimes the packet loss starts from the 2nd hop and carries on to the rest of the hops and sometimes it starts from the 4th hop and carries on to the rest of the hops.
can someone please explain or give any kind of advice?

Attachments
pingplotter.png (81 downloads)

#3630 - 03/30/20 02:32 PM Re: Lately internet is so bad and isp not helping at all [Re: OT19]
AustinB Offline
Network Support @ Pingman Tools

Hi OT19,

Thanks for getting in touch, I'm sorry you've been having some issues while gaming lately.

Based on this screenshot, it appears that there are issues starting midway en route to Google's server. However, it's pretty difficult to say for certain that this is the case with only an image.

Here are some recommended steps you can take to gather appropriate data and share it with us:

1. Trace to the site or service you are having issues with (Netflix, Fortnite server, Zoom.com, etc.).
2. You can also trace to your ISP (generally hop #2 or #3). A "WHOIS" google search on the IP address usually provides results about who the IP address is registered to.
3. To your router (Usually the first hop in the route).
4. Trace to your NIC (Network Interface Card). In Windows, run Command Line as administrator and type ipconfig and look for the IPv4 address - this is your NIC IP.
5. Finally, trace to your loopback address (127.0.0.1). This lets you verify that any issues you are seeing are not related to the hardware or IP stack on the machine you're using.

You can share your results with us by changing your Focus field to reflect at least 24 hours, clicking File -> Share -> Create Share Page, and paste the URL of your share page in your reply.

PingPlotter Sharing

Here are a few articles which talk about interpreting PingPlotter results:

Let us know if this leaves you with any questions!

Austin Berner
Software Support Technician | Pingman Tools
support@pingman.com | (208) 345-0030

Search

Who's Online
0 registered (), 15 Guests and 0 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod