Topic Options
#3048 - 04/07/17 08:30 AM Complete noobie with life ruining lag, help!
laggyson'bich Offline

Okay maybe its not ruining my life, but I can't play any computer games that depend on constant latency with extreme frustration and disappointment. I now have ping plotter but I can't find anyone with similar results and i don't really know what im doing with interpreting the results. I'm at the moment trying to play league of legends but I don't know which IP it is either.
Here is a screenshot of what appears to be my problem, random massive latency spikes that completely pause all interaction for a second or two:
[img]https://ibb.co/doQYtv[/img]
Any help is greatly appreciated.

Attachments
www.pingplotter.com.pp2 (445 downloads)

Edited by laggyson'bich (04/07/17 08:47 AM)
Edit Reason: added file

#3050 - 04/07/17 04:25 PM Re: Complete noobie with life ruining lag, help! [Re: laggyson'bich]
Kody Offline
Pingman Staff

Hello,

I've taken a look at the .pp2 file you provided (thanks for that) and there is definitely some interesting stuff in there.

The spikes that you're experiencing during your gaming are pretty evident throughout this trace. Latencies of 1000+ are happening frequently all throughout the route, starting with your home router.

This would mean that the cause of your issues would be something "close to home". This could be your router / modem or anything else you might be relying on to reach the net.

Cheers,
Kody

#3051 - 04/07/17 05:36 PM Re: Complete noobie with life ruining lag, help! [Re: Kody]
laggyson'bich Offline

Hi Kody,

Thanks for taking a look for me, I think im going to buy a really long ethernet cable and see if that changes anything, I may be back!

Thanks again.

Search

Who's Online
0 registered (), 10 Guests and 0 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod