Topic Options
#2915 - 09/16/16 03:08 AM Please help...packet loss problem..
Gabriele Offline

Hi all,
I got lag problem with FIFA game.
Big input delay in all players movements, shots, turns, ect..

I have done a traceroute to ea servers (in USA): easo.ea.com (159.153.234.54) and i got results as you can see in attached file 2.jpeg.

It shows a lot of packet loss in my router and in hop 6 (195.22.192.74) but......

If i do a direct tracert or a direct packet loss study only of my modem (attached file 1) or only of that hop (192.22.192.74) pingplotter doesn't show me packet loss of the ip target but only of intermediate hop.

How this can be possible???

Thank you

Attachments
1.jpg (237 downloads)
2.jpg (264 downloads)
3.jpg (204 downloads)

#2916 - 09/16/16 03:15 AM Re: Please help...packet loss problem.. [Re: Gabriele]
Gabriele Offline

Here you can see how my router should have almost 90% of packet loss, but average ping is under 1 ms...

how can it be possible?!?!?

My router got really so many packet loss?!

Attachments
4.jpg (204 downloads)

#2917 - 09/16/16 07:12 AM Re: Please help...packet loss problem.. [Re: Gabriele]
Gabriele Offline

Can anyone help here?!?

I got fiber optic 50 mbit download and 10 mbit upload

#2918 - 09/16/16 12:44 PM Re: Please help...packet loss problem.. [Re: Gabriele]
Phillip Offline
Pingman Staff

Loc: Boise, Idaho
Hey Gabriele,

Thanks for posting in the forums today - and happy Friday!

After taking a look at the screenshots you submitted (thank you for those by the way!), the packet loss you are seeing does not seem to be the issue here. It *appears* as though there are a few intermediate hops (your router included) that simply down-prioritized ICMP traffic - which come back as packet loss (because the device is basically saying, "no, I'm not going to respond back to your request, because you aren't as important of traffic as other things coming through."

The most important thing to take away from the packet loss seen, is that it does not carry through to subsequent hops - and the final destination has no packet loss. So packet loss in the intermediate hops is irrelevant.

We actually have an article that talks more about this here:

http://www.pingman.com/kb/24

One thing I did notice in your trace to easo.ea.com, is the high latency. Here is an article on what's normal for latency that you might find useful for this case:

http://www.pingman.com/kb/42

Hopefully this helps out! If you should find yourself with any other questions, or needing any other assistance - please don't hesitate to email us at support@pingplotter.com. 

Cheers! 

-Phillip

#2919 - 09/16/16 07:00 PM Re: Please help...packet loss problem.. [Re: Phillip]
Gabriele Offline

Hi Phillip, thanks for your reply.

I think that my ping to easo.ea.com (around 130 ms) is absolutely normal considering that i live in Sicily and ea server is in USA, California,so packets have to travel a lot of Kilometers.

Anyway, what problem do you think could have my connection ?!

Search

Who's Online
0 registered (), 15 Guests and 1 Spider online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod