It looks like you have some load balancing happening at either hop 2 or hop 3 (I don't know enough about your network topology to really comment on this too much, but it looks like it starts at hop 2), and this load balancing / route change is happening very often.

The way the route is changing means that PingPlotter has a difficult time giving you a full picture of what's happening route wise - as each packet that goes out might take a different route, so the route dynamics get totally mixed up. This means you don't know for sure if any of the routes that PingPlotter is showing you is a complete route, or if it's a mix of multiple routes.

Now, on the brighter side of things, PingPlotter is telling you that there are significant route changes happening. This, in itself, isn't necessarily bad, but you know it's happening.

Also, you see that the final destination is reporting back really consistent latencies - a good thing. It is, however, showing some packet loss - not such a good thing.

An interesting item is that the packet loss at hop 2 is almost exactly the same as it is at the final destination. This leads me to believe that a significant portion of the packet loss you're seeing could be solved by resolving the issue that's affecting hop 2. To determine the similarities in packet loss between hop 2 and the final destination, I right-clicked on hop 2 and selected "Add route change mask". This merged the two routers that were participating at hop 2 so they are reported together.

You didn't list a description of symptoms, or talk at all about your network topology (is it your load-balancing router that's doing this, or your ISPs? Are you connected via a DSL line, frame relay, wireless ISP, or some other technology). PingPlotter data always needs to be taken in context of the situation, so I can't be *too* inspired on commenting on your data.

The situation you have is a challenging one for PingPlotter because of the route change dynamics. If you're trying to troubleshoot a problem, you'll probably need to engage in a discussion with your service provider to really get to the bottom of things (this is true in all cases, but especially so when it's difficult to understand what's happening, like in your situation).

- Pete