Whenever a route gets *longer*, Ping Plotter will show one lost packet at your final destination. This is possibly what you're seeing there.<br><br>Here's a brief description of why this happens:<br><br>When Ping Plotter determines that the final destination has been reached, it only sends out enough packets to reach the final destination. So if your route is 13 hops long, it only sends out enough packets to reach hop 13. Whenever the route gets longer, another router reports in at hop 13 and Ping Plotter figures out that it needs to send out more packets to reach the final destination - but it doesn't do this until the next sample set is sent out. This means there is always a single lost packet associated with this route lengthening. This doesn't occur when the route shortens - only when it gets longer.<br><br>I've only heard one other report of this kind of thing happening, so I've not had a strong reason to create a solution for this problem yet.<br><br>Some other tools address this by only grabbing the route on the first set, and then just "pinging" each destination directly on future samples. Ping Plotter versions before 2.30 handled this a bit differently - by ignoring the information about the hop's IP address when it came back, and always just using the hop number (rather than the IP address) to decide where to put things. In both of these cases, you wouldn't see packet loss at the final hop - but the data being reported would be flat wrong (because data was being associated with a router that was no longer even in the route!).<br><br>There are a few ways that Ping Plotter could better handle this situation, but unfortunately, all of them take some changing of the Ping Plotter code (rather than a setting) - and they all require some comprimises (maybe a setting that you could change when this happens to have it work a little harder to determine what's happening).<br><br>Maybe knowing what's happening with the tool here will help you understand some of the data - and help you manually factor out some of the issues that are appearing. I'll up the priority of this issue in the defect list.<br><br>