Hiya Pete. I'm impressed with LinkLogger so much I'm going great guns in use :-). I'm very glad to be in contact with the author.<br><br>I've put PingPlotter to the task of documenting ISP issues. What I want is to be able to go to an archive of activity, quickly.<br><br>I fully understand your process above. It's a similar amount of overhead to the process I've established. Yes, it creates 1 file but when archiving all the files will be identically named (www.pingplotter.com.pp2 in your example).<br><br>There's a catch, though. At archive time, I could change the filename to something unique then store it as an archive. At this point, I need that little bit of "sample-file" to restart it. That's a process nice to avoid!!! :-)<br><br>What I've been doing is AutoSave with the nice unique filename:<br> .\Service-Auto-Save\$host.$year$month$day-$hour$minute<br><br>Now, I have a bunch of files uniquely named in a separate directory. Whether sorted by time, date or filename they are chronically arranged. I select all except the last one and delete it, then move the last one to the archive and the name is ready to go!<br><br>I have a batch file that "hups" the PingPlotter (stops-then-starts it) so the data will collect from now on.<br><br>If you're curious about PingPlotter as a service under FireDaemon it does have one flaw that's very common when one runs many apps like this - but something you might be able to correct fairly easily. I'm no programmer but here's what I heard...<br><br>When PingPloter starts on a boot-up there is usually no SysTray to go to. This prevents interacting with desktop. I hear apps can wait for the Systray to start as a solution to this (or something like that).<br><br>So, on a Win2000 boot the PingPlotter service is running fine, saving my AutoSave files and everything... it just can't interact with the desktop of a user. It's forever a background-only service until it's restarted (my HUP bat file does this well, too!). Then, it interacts with the desktop just fine.<br><br>Another thing that would help a LOT when running as a service is to not close the entire app on the [X] - especially if the Start-in-SysTray option is used. Some apps even have a "hard-to-close" option or similar but only closing on menus is quite common. The idea is to not close the app accidentally when it's a service.<br><br>Thanks much for the reply. I'm looking forward to PingPlotter only getting better and better with time :-).<br><br>Bill<br><br><br>