Well, hello again!

First of all, sorry to necro my thread but I'm still having issues.

The situation changed and currently I'm only having packet losses at nighttime anywhere between 8-11 PM almost every day. The length of the packet loss period is variable, it's usually between 1 and 2 hours and it can be experienced on all devices connected to the HGW.

After I got an e-mail back from you I've contacted my ISP again to fix this issue. Since then they've changed the coax coming from the electric pole to our HGW to see if that caused the issue, and started monitoring the connection to the HGW for 10 days.

Sadly that didn't fix the issue either. I've phoned back and they've sent out another technician to check on my PC. He created a new doubleword named IGMPLevel in regedit, saying that the HGW has some issues with the Windows 10 multicast and that's causing the packet loss. I highly doubt it since I had the same packet loss issue since last year, even before the ISP changed the HGW for a newer model. Of course that wasn't the problem, the packet loss can be still experienced.

I showed him my pingplotter reports too, explained where the issue might be, but I got shot down, because he said "this software isn't accurate". I've asked him if they've seen anything in the monitoring, for which he said they've seen some packet losses, but it shouldn't negatively impact the usage of internet.

It's a nice joke, in online games I still lose control of my characters, get warnings that there is an issue with my connection, I will disconnect in 30 seconds, and the serverside crosshair is lagging behind the clientside one, while my ping is in the 30's, Skype call quality goes down when I have a call at packetloss times.

Next day I got a nice SMS from the ISP that they don't have any problem with the line and I should call their PC technicians who would gladly fix my PC for a good sum of money, since the problem is on my end.

Why should the problem be on my side when the packet loss still starts at the second hop in Pingplotter and in WinMTP too, which is the CMTS? If the problem is on my side, how come the issue can't be always experienced, only at nighttime? How come there are some nights when everything is fine and I have no packet loss?

I've tried connecting the devices one by one each one after 15 minutes to the HGW while monitoring the connection with pingplotter. I couldn't see any packet loss that way. The only other thing I could think of was that the HGW was overheating, but it was in an open space so the air could move around it. It's not even overloaded, 2 PCs and 1 IPTV box are connected via Ethernet, and 2 mobiles via WiFi. Yesterday I've tried putting a fan next to it and blowing air onto it, but I've still got the packet loss.

If needed, I can send some of the reports saved on my PC your way again.