Hey there,

Thanks for writing to us!

I think your case is definitely compelling, and I do see what you're referring to with the extensive packet loss. However, I don't have *quite* enough information to be able to help decipher.

What I'd recommend is trying just a few different options to see the impact. While it does appear that the ISPs router may be the source of much packet loss (telling by the replicated pattern and extensive packet loss carrying through each subsequent hop), it would be helpful if you could leave a consistent trace going to a reliable service (24x7 is helpful, and I always personally recommend a simple Google trace). From here, when you notice an issue, make a note of it, and head back to PingPlotter to try and correlate the PingPlotter data with the symptoms you experienced. Find the packet loss pattern, and try to correlate it with the earliest pattern you can. Here's an article that might articulate this information a bit better than I do:

https://www.pingplotter.com/fix-your-network/interpret-results.html

It does appear that this could get a bit messy, given the results I've seen from your sample set, but see if that helps in interpreting where exactly your issue is.

I'd also like to add, it may prove helpful to alter the packet types PingPlotter is sending to mimic that of normal network traffic. If you'd like to try this out, make sure you have WinPcap installed (this will allow PingPlotter to actually generate these types of packets). If you don't have it, here's a link to their download site:

https://www.winpcap.org/install/

Now, within PingPlotter, if you head to Edit -> Options -> Engine (or Packet, depending on your edition), you can change the packet type to TCP, and use port 80 to mimic normal web traffic. Go ahead and leave that running for quite some time (24x7 is best, as aforementioned, as the more data you have, the more compelling your case). When you do this, do you get similar results to your prior traces? If so, can you narrow the origination of packet loss down to one or two culprit hops?

If you'd like us to take a closer look as you gather more information, feel free to submit a support ticket to us by heading to Help -> Email PingPlotter Support. Either that, or you can send a sample set of an extensive amount of time (maybe around 3 hours or more) to support@pingman.com. We'd love to take a look! If the file turns out to be too big to email, go ahead and submit the support ticket from within the program and we can create a secure Dropbox link to grab that file from you.

Let me know if this was helpful, or if any additional information would be better!