For the past few months I've been experiencing some frustrating moments while playing one of my favorite games, Rocket League.

During online gameplay, I will quite frequently (as in, several times per match) experience some kind of lag or stuttering in which the game will appear to skip ahead a second or so, making all of the players on the screen (as well as the ball) suddenly shift position.

Here is as video that demonstrates this. Watch the ball as it approaches the goal.

Last night I took my router of the equation (Netgear Nighthawk R7000) and plugged directly into the Mediacom modem. At first, I thought the problem was resolved but it manifested again after awhile.

So I'm kind of at a loss and hoping someone can point me in the right direction. Here is a pp2 file that shows data collected over the period of 3 hours just sitting on my desktop while browsing the web (plugged into router this time).

There are two things that concern my untrained eye. For one is the massive amount of packet loss that seems to be occurring, especially on the first hop (but also the second it seems). For two are the intermittent latency spikes of 150+ milliseconds. As best I can tell, when I'm playing Rocket League and I experience stuttering as seen in the video above, I will alt-tab and there is usually an associated latency spike in the 200-300ms range. Other friends don't complain of this happening so I don't think it's Rocket League's servers... Anyways, I assume those spikes aren't normal?

Edited by lmills.117 (01/12/17 11:41 PM)