Yup - that's a bug in your router bios (whatever is at hop 1).

It looks like it's changing the source IP address for all of the returning ICMP TTL expired packets to be the target's IP address. That's one I've not seen before.

I would get ahold of Verizon and see what they have to say about this. You *may* have better luck reporting the problem with TRACERT instead of PingPlotter, since TRACERT is more pervasive (since it's installed on all machines).

Actually, the *first* thing I'd do is look to see if there's a bios update for the router (the one physically at your location), since that's probably the culprit.

Based on this behavior, I don't think there's any setting you can change in PingPlotter to change this behavior. You might try TCP or UDP packet types, just to verify, but since it looks like it's a problem with the NAT handling on the returning ICMP TTL Expired packets (and that is the same packet types UDP and TCP use), you'll probably see the same results with those types as well.

Please post back here if you make any progress or breakthroughs on this problem (or if there's anything else we can do to help).

- Pete