Hi all,

I’m on a Plusnet 500mb fttp connection in the UK.

I’ve been having problems with packet loss while playing COD Warzone on my PC (wired ethernet). Also tried it on a PS5 on wifi at my place and getting the same or worse packet loss on that. Seems like it’s not the console or PC causing it.

Also tried 3 different routers and the results are almost identical on all of them - so assuming it’s not the routers either. The engineer also swapped the ONT out for a different ONT and I’m still seeing the same packet loss in-game (and videos buffering/stuttering on all devices on wifi too etc).

Tried out pingplotter and got the results below.

Now I think (because the hop 1 results are similar on all my routers) that’s something about pinging rather than actual packet loss.

However, the block packet loss at hop 3 looks dodgy, and also hop 5 looks a little more volatile than others.

In the screenshot below, the average packet loss in the last hop (hop 9) is around 1.2, but it’s usually at about 2 and at certain times of day (anecdotally, at key times like lunchtime, or in the evenings, this is up at 5.0 or 6.0 or even up to 8.0 or 9.0 (and that’s reflected in the ingame meter showing packet loss). Basically I’m seeing constant minimum of 1 to 2 percent packetloss ingame, and it goes up to around 4 to 9 percent at times regularly now too (and this seems to be getting worse as the days go by).

Any advice on what you think might be causing it, and how I might be able to approach this with Plusnet/openreach people who have already been out twice to see it, sent me the replacement router (which gives the exact same results as their original one, and my netgear gaming router), and just really ran download and upload speedchecks. They've run a bunch of tests on the line but not found anything wrong.

Thanks a lot in advance!

images of no