My fiance and I play World of Warcraft, and for the last several weeks, we've experienced some very frustrating game lag come and go from day to day. I started using the PingPlotter trial to try to figure out where the problem lay, and when it ran out, I purchased the Standard Edition.

Our suspicion has always been our ISP, Comcast. We've been in touch with them many times, and I even have the number for our area's maintenance supervisor (nice guy, but not as responsive as I'd like). I've read many of the Pingman articles on how to interpret the graphs, but I remain confused about something.

In the attached image, I focused on a spot where we experienced severe lag. The last hop is our actual realm server IP (determined from my Windows 7 Resource Monitor for Wow-64.exe). The previous 4 hops are clean, there's a couple 8.3% PL, 4 is clean, then 2 and 3 show the exact same amount of packet loss.

I realize I may not be looking at this data in the right way, and I know you're supposed to only worry about the final hop then work backwards. But, the matching PL percentages stand out as being related. No?

Attachments
24.105.32.100.png (205 downloads)