Topic Options
#3681 - 05/14/20 07:41 PM Connection Intermittently drops out. 2nd Hop PL% is spiking.
bbomb Offline

There appears to be no rhyme or reason as to when it will drop, but it comes and goes. When it's going on it seems to last for a few minutes turning off and on. Anytime I try to use something that requires a steady connection (such as a game) it really starts behaving badly. I haven't been able to stay connected for a couple weeks.

The things I've done to check:
-Called ISP, they reset my connection and said everything on their end looks great.
-tried multiple ethernet cables, even purchasing a new one of better quality.
-in my network connections I've reset my network adapter and reset all settings
-"manually reset the TCP/IP stack, released and renewed the IP address, and flushed and reset the DNS client resolver cache" with a guide on microsoft.com
-physically checked all cable connections from my router to the pole outside and ensured they were tight.
-Manually reset modem to factory settings

I just can't seem to figure this out. I added a .pp2 file to display a sample of what I've been seeing.

Any advice or help is greatly appreciated. Thank you for taking the time to read and offer up suggestions.

Attachments
www.google.com.pp2 (415 downloads)

#3682 - 05/15/20 12:26 PM Re: Connection Intermittently drops out. 2nd Hop PL% is spiking. [Re: bbomb]
Nate Offline
Pingman Tools Support

Thanks for posting!

At first glance, it really does appear the issue is related to your ISP. You seem to be hitting lag spikes and dropped packets just outside your local network.

If you’d be interested, we recently released a new tool (called Sidekick) built specifically for narrowing down general issues and sharing the results with tech support. We are looking for feedback on how it works and what we can do to make it better. In exchange for taking it for a spin and telling us what you think, we’d be happy to give you a month of Sidekick absolutely free.

Just shoot me a PM with your email address, and I can get everything set.

#3683 - 05/18/20 08:02 AM Re: Connection Intermittently drops out. 2nd Hop PL% is spiking. [Re: Nate]
Sallio Offline

First time I hear about Sidekick, will look at it closely when I get back to my property in Bavaria http://realty-germany.com/property/bavaria/ after work. Thank you for sharing!

Edited by Sallio (05/20/20 04:27 AM)

Search

Who's Online
0 registered (), 24 Guests and 0 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod