Topic Options
#92 - 03/15/00 07:36 PM Route Changes
Pete Ness Offline

Loc: Boise, Idaho
The install for the new version defaults to have the route change pane not-visible (it's a bit of an advanced concept, so I'm a bit torn about whether to default it to visible or not).<br><br>You can make it visible by grabbing the sizing bar right below the address history window, and above the "Sampling" group box. Just drag this sizing bar up to see the "Route Changes" list. Double-clicking a time in this pane will show the route as of that time in the graph (note that it doesn't change the sample focus, though, so some of the hosts shown may not be collecting data at the current time).<br><br>Any feedback on how this works would be most appreciated.<br> <br><br>

#93 - 04/19/00 04:18 PM Re: Route Changes [Re: Pete Ness]
angusm Offline

Loc: Georgia, USA
I like the route changes window. Had I not seen this post, however, I would never have guessed it was there.<br><br>I would suggest that you hide it completely by default, with an Advanced Option to make it visible.<br><br>

#94 - 04/21/00 12:25 AM Re: Route Changes [Re: angusm]
Pete Ness Offline

Loc: Boise, Idaho
In beta 2, if the route change window isn't visible and a route change happens, then a little box comes up (where the route change window would be) that says "New route changes logged.". When this is clicked on, it opens up the route change window. This should bring attention to this feature without making it too overbearing. Check it out when the new version releases and let me know what you think.<br><br>Thanks!<br><br><br>

Search

Who's Online
0 registered (), 7 Guests and 3 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod