Topic Options
#829 - 02/21/03 10:44 PM Any plans to port to Linux??
Anonymous
Unregistered

Hi there,

I was just wondering if there were any plans to port Ping Plotter to Linux? I am a registered user but given that I recently made the switch away from Windows to Linux I will in all likelihood not be able to use Ping Plotter. It is possible that I may be able to use it under some programs that run Windows programs such as wine but these programs are not foolproof at running Windows programs (at least not yet).

If there are no plans to port Ping Plotter to Linux may I suggest that you consider such?

There is nothing quite like Ping Plotter under Linux.

Sorry about posting this anonymously but I don't remember my user name or my password. Without a user name I can't email myself a temporary password. Once I port over my Windows data files I will be able to tell what my old user name and password was.

Thanks.

Carlos

#830 - 03/01/03 10:43 AM Re: Any plans to port to Linux??
Pete Ness Offline

Loc: Boise, Idaho
We're working on supporting Ping Plotter under Linux via Wine, but have not short-term plans to create a native Linux version. If we *supported* Ping Plotter under Wine, would that satisfy your needs?

#831 - 12/26/03 01:24 PM Re: Any plans to port to Linux?? [Re: Pete Ness]
Anonymous
Unregistered

Works for me. Any idea when?

#832 - 12/26/03 02:36 PM Re: Any plans to port to Linux?? [Re: Pete Ness]
Pete Ness Offline

Loc: Boise, Idaho
We had a beta release that suported Wine earlier this year (it was publicly available), but had no one comment on it - either positive or negative, so we've shelved this for the time being. We're focusing our time on several other features for now, and might revisit this in Q2 of 2004 if we get some interest.

#833 - 08/13/04 02:53 PM Re: Any plans to port to Linux?? [Re: Pete Ness]
Jerrill Offline

Loc: Georgetown, KY
I'm interested!

#834 - 05/24/05 09:16 PM Re: Any plans to port to Linux?? [Re: Jerrill]
Anonymous
Unregistered

For anyone interested, I just fired up Ping Plotter 2.60 standard under SLAX http://slax.linux-live.org/) Kill Bill edition and it seems to be working fine so far!

Cheers,

Danny

#835 - 08/01/05 12:59 AM Re: Any plans to port to Linux??
Jack Offline

I'd like- a *nix version of MultiPingPlotter (one program that combines both capabilities), that stores whatever data it needs in a log file and creates graphs from that data at user's request. This would hopefully run on *nix host accounts with shell access, without requiring access usually granted to resellers or dedicated root users.

Jack.

#2997 - 01/21/17 11:49 PM Re: Any plans to port to Linux?? [Re: Jack]
davidmenges Offline

Looks like I'm beating a dead horse, but I'd buy PingPlotter for Linux. I'd setup a Raspberry Pi for it.

#3241 - 04/20/18 09:03 AM Re: Any plans to port to Linux?? [Re: davidmenges]
Diver Allen Offline

Loc: Cincinnati, OH
Just wondering if anyone knows of another utility similar to PingPlotter that runs on linux. Am particularly interested in the latency and jitter tracking.
Thanks.

#3242 - 04/20/18 06:48 PM Re: Any plans to port to Linux?? [Re: Diver Allen]
Hayla Offline
Pingman Staff

Hey All,

We do have some development efforts going toward a Linux version - and we've got a list going of people to notify for a Beta or a release. Email in to support@pingman.com and we'll get you on the list!

Search

Who's Online
0 registered (), 25 Guests and 0 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod