Topic Options
#402 - 01/21/01 05:49 PM Adsl
Angel_TCC Offline

Loc: Europe
Hi Pete.<br><br>Saw your program and d/l it. It was recommended at http://www.dslreports.com/tweak . I just have Adsl and found out that you need to tweak it in order to let it work right. The reason I d/l your program was of my problems playing Rogue Spear as a server. I can`t host more then 3 peeps without being knocked of the net! With my old isdn that was no problem at all. After tracing my ISP for a while a saw lots of packages lost by one of its servers in the route being traced ( there were 5 servers in the traced route ).<br>Can you tell me what is an acceptable loss for this kinda measurement? Is 30% and more bad or very bad? I had set it at an 1 sec interval. Can it be that this is the reason why I am getting knocked of the net when more then two peeps log into my game?<br><br>Greetings Angel_TCC<br><br>

#403 - 01/22/01 12:50 AM Re: Adsl [Re: Angel_TCC]
Pete Ness Offline

Loc: Boise, Idaho
30% packet loss is pretty bad - particularily if it's showing 30% at the final destinaton. Send me a picture from Ping Plotter, and I'll post it here and comment on it...<br><br>

#404 - 01/23/01 03:17 PM Re: Adsl [Re: Pete Ness]
Angel_TCC Offline

Loc: Europe
A bit late if you see how quick you replied Pete but I found me some answers.<br>First of all I didn`t saved a log for you to show due to my inexperience. Second it turned out that I was pinging my server wrong. Let me explain.<br>I live in the netherlands and I first have to log on to the Dutch telecom who presents me a site where I can log on to my ISP. I had to ping that log on site instead of the normal ISP site. Stupid and there ok with an average of 14-30.<br>My second problem had to do with the scrambeling of the Dutch telecom server in order so let it look like I have an dynamic IP. They sell static IP too you see. In winpfcg.exe I allways have the same IP and I can ping others. If I give <br>them mine they can ping me at all?! Still I am on for sure.<br>Even with the tracert command they can`t. Am I doing something wrong again? Plz tell me If I do. I solved my problem by using the behind a firewall option from the game ( Rogue Spear ) and was fine then. I will test it today further. Sure hope I am right about it.<br><br>Thx for your reply Pete. Really appriciate it very much!<br><br>Angel_TCC<br><br><br>

Search

Who's Online
0 registered (), 15 Guests and 0 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod