Topic Options
#3960 - 08/06/22 09:53 AM MultiPing randomly closes in Windows 11
EvilPeppard Offline

Loc: Colorado, USA
Good morning,

I'm coming here in hopes of getting some support for my licensed MultiPing, version 3.20.2. I tried using email support, both to 'support@pingman.com' on 7/18/2022, and 'support@multiping.com' on 7/21/2022, neither of which I ever received a reply.

This is what I wrote to both support emails, and what I am hoping I can get help with on these support forums, please:

'I have a MultiPing license that I purchased in 2013 and have support through August 6, 2026.

I have been running Windows 10 and MultiPing with no issues for years. I recently upgraded to Windows 11 and now MultiPing will not stay running. It 'closes' after a short period of time for no reason, and I cannot find anything in Event Viewer regarding the closure.

I have rebooted, ran as Administrator, and even completely uninstalled and reinstalled, but the program still closes without warning. Sometimes it will run for an hour, sometimes for several hours, but then all of a sudden the program just closes. It doesn't minimize, it fully closes and I have to launch it again.

I see there have not been any updates to MultiPing since December 10, 2015. Is there an update coming in the near future, or do you have any suggestions on how to keep MultiPing running in Windows 11? I love MultiPing and would really like to keep using it.

Thank you for your time.'

Let me know any other information I can provide to help resolve my issue.

Thanks again.

Side note, when I initially went to the MultiPing Support page: https://www.multiping.com/support.html one of the first things listed on the support page is to 'Download the Latest' version, which is listed at 3.11.0, not the newer 3.20.2 version I am currently running. I have attached a screenshot.

Seeing that on the Support Page, along with not seeing any MultiPing updates since December 10, 2015, has me concerned this product is no longer being developed or supported, even though I have an active support license through August 6, 2026.

Thank you.

Attachments
MultiPing Support page with wrong download version listed - 8-6-2022.png (33 downloads)

#3961 - 08/08/22 06:56 PM Re: MultiPing randomly closes in Windows 11 [Re: EvilPeppard]
TJM Offline

Hey EvilPeppard,

I’m sorry we haven’t responded before now! Your latest email came into our support queue which has already been responded to but I'll reply here as well.

In regards to MultiPing's current status, MultiPing is not currently being developed but is still actively supported by us.

For this issue with MultiPing closing, you can try using the task scheduler to get around this by:

Use the windows task scheduler (type taskschd.msc in the start menu).
Click on Create Task and give it a name
Configure the program to run under some user account. The user does not need to be logged on, but if you want to see the UI then better to have them logged on.
Set a Trigger to run daily and to repeat tasks every 1 minute indefinitely.
Set an Action to run MultiPing
No special Conditions are necessary
On the Settings Tab, there is a setting Do not start a new instance of the program if it is already running.

If this does not work you can also try using FireDaemon to run MultiPing as a service, in depth instructions for this can be found in the following article:

https://www.pingman.com/kb/article/multiping-as-a-service-with-firedaemon-40.html

You could also try adding MultiPing to the Data Execution Prevention list. You can do this by searching for Advanced System Settings -> Advanced -> Performance -> Settings -> Data Execution Prevention -> Turn on DEP for all programs except those I select -> Add -> browse to MultiPing and apply it.

If issues persist please send us a support request from inside MultiPing (Help > Email Support) so we can take a look at the logs and see if there is anything there.

Thanks,
-TJ

#3962 - 08/08/22 07:22 PM Re: MultiPing randomly closes in Windows 11 [Re: TJM]
EvilPeppard Offline

Thanks for the reply here, and via email. I will look over your suggestions and get back to you as necessary.

Thank you again, and have a good evening.

#3963 - 08/10/22 05:18 PM Re: MultiPing randomly closes in Windows 11 [Re: TJM]
EvilPeppard Offline

Originally Posted By: TJM

In regards to MultiPing's current status, MultiPing is not currently being developed but is still actively supported by us.
Well, hopefully you won't give up on MultiPing. It is, by far, my most favorite ping checking software.

Originally Posted By: TJM

For this issue with MultiPing closing, you can try using the task scheduler to get around this by:

Use the windows task scheduler (type taskschd.msc in the start menu).
Click on Create Task and give it a name
Configure the program to run under some user account. The user does not need to be logged on, but if you want to see the UI then better to have them logged on.
Set a Trigger to run daily and to repeat tasks every 1 minute indefinitely.
Set an Action to run MultiPing
No special Conditions are necessary
On the Settings Tab, there is a setting Do not start a new instance of the program if it is already running.

I just set this Task up. I will let you know how it goes.

Thank you.

#3964 - 08/10/22 06:52 PM Re: MultiPing randomly closes in Windows 11 [Re: EvilPeppard]
EvilPeppard Offline

Originally Posted By: EvilPeppard

I just set this Task up. I will let you know how it goes.

Thank you.

Welp, the program already closed on its own again for no reason, and the Task Scheduler job did not keep the program running. It didn't even try to reopen it.

That is really unfortunate, and I don't want to have to manipulate my computer or the program so much when it should just run on its own.

Thanks again for the suggestions.

#3965 - 08/11/22 11:06 AM Re: MultiPing randomly closes in Windows 11 [Re: EvilPeppard]
EvilPeppard Offline

As a side note, I also have a PingPlotter license. I am currently running version 5.23.3.8770 on the same Windows 11 machine with no issues.

Thankfully, it appears PingPlotter is still currently being developed, and it gives me the same info I'm looking for as MultiPing.

Search

Who's Online
0 registered (), 18 Guests and 1 Spider online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod