Topic Options
#3929 - 02/26/22 04:53 PM Is this an ISP problem?
Hoop53 Offline

Quick background. All of my hard ware is new or at least a year or so old. Modem MB8611 ASUS AX86u. New coax from pole to house and from house to modem-installed by comcast. Cat8 ethernet cables from mono price. Ive been telling comcast something isn't right for a while and I finally got around to somewhat understanding pingplotter and I can see it all starts after hop 1 which would suggest there is not an issue with my equipment. But please correct me if im wrong. ALSO, I have the 1200/35 package from xfinity. Thanks for any input in advance.

Attachments
COMCASTLOLOLOL.pp2 (152 downloads)

Edited by Hoop53 (02/26/22 05:06 PM)

#3934 - 02/28/22 06:44 PM Re: Is this an ISP problem? [Re: Hoop53]
TJM Offline

Hey Hoop53,

Thanks for reaching out!

After looking through the PP2 file attached, I agree that this issue (packet loss) is originating after the first hop (specifically starting at hop 2).

This becomes easier to see if you open up some timeline graphs for a few of the hops in the route. Once you open up the timeline graphs you can see that the packet loss that occurs at the destination (hop #12) can be traced back to hop #2 as shown in the attached screenshots I took of your results.

Note that in both of these examples your router (hop#1) is clear of latency/packet loss the entire time which is why you can be confident your router is not contributing to this issue.

In communicating this with your ISP I suggest checking out the following article we have about building a case:

https://www.pingplotter.com/fix-your-network/build-a-case.html

If you have questions about this let us know!

Best of luck,
-TJ

Attachments
Screen Shot 2022-02-28 at 4.40.00 PM.png

Screen Shot 2022-02-28 at 4.41.07 PM.png (25 downloads)

#3935 - 02/28/22 07:33 PM Re: Is this an ISP problem? [Re: TJM]
Hoop53 Offline

Thank you for the response. This has been an ongoing issue and I finally have a senior tech and his supervisor coming out on friday. Also, why does Hop 2 ip address originate from california? If im in georgia I thought this was the neighborhood node correct me if im wrong. Thanks

Search

Who's Online
0 registered (), 16 Guests and 0 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod