Topic Options
#341 - 11/25/00 12:36 PM Packet Loss Graph
Anonymous
Unregistered

Hi Pete-<br><br>2.21 looks nice. No crashes or any real problems yet although I did read the (few) bug reports here in the forums.<br><br>I have 2 comments:<br><br>1) can we have an option to use the "old style" timeline graph where the histogram was solid? I guess old habits die hard and I got kind of used to the old display. maybe even just a registry hack for this 'feature' would suffice.<br><br>2) another display request: the PacketLoss % graph is a great visual tool, but the "xx% packet loss" text that is printed inside the red bar is illegible. It is fairly unnecessary as soon as the user gets used to what that bar is for.. there should at least be an option to change the font or turn off the textual display inside the bar if desired. again, this could be a registry tweak if you don't feel like mucking with the Options dialogs.<br><br>looking forward to the final build of 221! keep up the good work,<br><br>Luke<br><br>

#342 - 12/14/00 09:10 AM Re: Packet Loss Graph
angusm Offline

Loc: Georgia, USA
I agree with poimt 2. The text is illegible on my 800x600 laptop display.<br><br>

#343 - 12/19/00 11:22 PM Re: Packet Loss Graph [Re: angusm]
Anonymous
Unregistered

I also don't see why there is a 30% by the bottom graph. Does it do anything? I kind of like the red bars in the upper graph. Adds a quick visual clue as to what hops are causing a problem. But as far as I can see, nothing has changed on the lower graph in relation to how it graphs PL except that number by the side. Did I miss something?<br><br>

#344 - 12/20/00 12:34 AM Re: Packet Loss Graph
Pete Ness Offline

Loc: Boise, Idaho
The lower graph shows packet loss as a percentage on top of the graph for good response data. When you have your time period set to a period where there's more than one sample in a pixel width, then packet loss might not be 100% for a certain time period.<br><br>Here's an example of a graph that has more data in a pixel width. <br><br><br><br>You can change the scale of the packet loss graph in the lower timeline graph by using Advanced options.<br><br><br>

#345 - 03/15/01 11:09 AM Re: Packet Loss Graph [Re: Pete Ness]
edcrowe Offline

Pete,<br>While the packet loss graphs look good, it is not helpful to sidetrack onto pixel widths when you are trying to convince someone that there is a problem in the network.<br>Couldn't you graph (behind the black time plot) the rolling percentage of non-returned packets in the current "samples to include" period, possibly onto a fixed log scale of minimum .1,1,10, maximum 100%.<br>That would be easy to follow even for some of the people I have to talk to... then again I'm always over optimistic.<br>Many thanks,<br>Ed<br><br>

Search

Who's Online
0 registered (), 18 Guests and 1 Spider online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod