Topic Options
#3295 - 09/16/18 04:08 PM Interpreting PingPlotter Result Hop10
Dingo Offline

Hello guys,

I am new to the board and I have a question about the interpretation of my plotting results. For some time now I am geeting disconnects while gaming. The disconnects are not detectable while normal browsing.

As you can see in my ping plotter results, I have a packet loss in hop 10.

Wouly you please be so kind and help me with ther interpretation of the result. What does it mean and do you have a suggestion on how to fix it?

KR and many thanks
Dingo

Attachments
www.google.com.pp2 (519 downloads)

Edited by Dingo (09/16/18 04:08 PM)

#3296 - 09/17/18 03:51 PM Re: Interpreting PingPlotter Result Hop10 [Re: Dingo]
Hayla Offline
Pingman Staff

Hey there!

So when you’re trying to find the source of your issue, the final hop always takes precedence. If the final hop looks good, you can likely conclude your investigation without looking into the intermediate hops. This is the case for you – that final hop looks great, so the packet loss at hop 10 isn’t carrying through. However, if we did see poor behavior on the final hop, that’s when intermediate hop behavior will bear some weight in your investigation. Does this kind of make sense? To summarize - packet loss on intermediate hops won't be relevant in your trace unless that same packet loss is showing at the final.

What you will want to do, however, is find the IP address of the server you're playing on, and initiate a trace to that. You can usually find the IP by searching on the web, or by contacting that game's support technicians. Then, initiate the trace while you're playing, make a note of when you have issues, and look back to PingPlotter to find a problem pattern, potentially similar to one found here:

www.pingplotter.com/fix-your-network/common-network-problems

If you do this, let us know what you see - and we'll be glad to look at that trace if you'd like!

Search

Who's Online
0 registered (), 24 Guests and 3 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod