Topic Options
#3259 - 06/06/18 09:35 PM Saving Data to SQL Server
CARLOS_G Offline

Hi,

Are there any plans to save the ping data from PingPlotter directly to SQL database instead of the filesystem? Allowing to save the data to a DB would greatly help in doing reporting/analysis on the data outside of PlingPlotter. For example, we use PingPlotter to capture data from over 200 sites that we monitor. It would be great to analyze the data for a month period and see which out of the 200 sites had the greatest AVG latency or which out of the 200 sites was down the most time during a specific period of time.

this is just my wishful thinking and hope that you consider it for a future release. If there's a way to do this type of analysis and i'm just not aware of please do let me know. Thank you.

Carlos

#3260 - 06/07/18 04:14 PM Re: Saving Data to SQL Server [Re: CARLOS_G]
Hayla Offline
Pingman Staff

Hey Carlos,

Thanks for getting in touch.

We definitely do have some good reporting to .csv files and so forth via File -> Export to Text File. You can then import those into whichever data analysis tool you'd like and check out those latencies.

If this isn't what you'd like to see, I'd love to hear how you'd like to see this function. Making the database plainly legible on a large scale isn't on the docket, unfortunately, as there is a lot of sensitive information that should not be tampered with to ensure stability. However, we'd love to look at more advanced reporting - and any ideas you have are great. Let us know - and always feel free to talk to us directly at support@pingman.com.

Search

Who's Online
0 registered (), 25 Guests and 0 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod