Topic Options
#3235 - 04/04/18 08:31 AM Can you help me make sense of this?
Ryanwx23 Offline

Hey there! I'm wired directly into my modem via ethernet. These are the results I'm getting. Hop 1 packet loss carries all the way through to destination. However, what is hop 1? Doesn't look like anything familiar to me. If I switch over to wireless router connection, Hop 1 becomes 192.xxx.x.x but I receive the same results from Hop 2 down (which is still the 10.xxx.x.x ip.

I have had a technician here, he says my signal is fine. What is going on??

Attachments
hop1.png (120 downloads)

#3236 - 04/04/18 05:50 PM Re: Can you help me make sense of this? [Re: Ryanwx23]
Hayla Offline
Pingman Staff

Hey there,

Thanks for getting in touch! Sorry to hear you're having troubles with your connection!

Usually, hop 1 is your edge router, so it's likely a device sitting on your own home network - probably a router that was leased to you or purchased, plugged into the wall to your "out" connection. If you switch to wireless, I'm guessing you have a different router in the middle processing your requests, but it'll still forward all of those to your edge router - which is why you'll still see those issues start at the same IP address. Does that clear things up a little? I'd give them the IP of the device where the problem's originating, and have them try to investigate what's throwing that intermittent packet loss.

Let us know if we can help with anything else!

Search

Who's Online
0 registered (), 15 Guests and 0 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod