Topic Options
#3219 - 01/28/18 06:18 PM A Pattern Request Timed Out/Unstable Connection every 8-15 minutes (Wired Connection AND Wireless)
portermelo Offline

Well, this is my last resort. I honestly didnt think i would have to use the forum to find out what my network issue is but here we go.

at the end of november of 2017 i've been having 'rubberband' issues when i play online games. unstable connection for 10-20 seconds every 8-15 minutes of gameplay. at first i thought, it'll probably go away, maybe it's the game servers but it just kept going on any game i would play. including wireless games on my phone and my ps4 console. i mainly use wired connection when i play PC games.

things I HAVE TRIED ALREADY and still NO FIX:
wired connection/wifi connection
reset modem
reset router
portforwarding? i never touch it
QoS all disabled
updated gpu driver
updated network adapters
updated bios
update cpu graphics driver
got a new comcast modem
had comcast reset signals
checked console and mobile games if it’s also has issues
had comcast tech remove old wires
tried a vpn
netsh winsock reset
netsh int ip reset
had comcast check the node - its green and clean
had a comcast check the main box
fully reset my PC

so i'm using a brand new modem my ISP gave me and bridge it to my brand new router which is a NETGEAR Nighthawk X4S R7800. I also fully reset my PC as if it's a brand new one.

i just recently downloaded pingplotter and it gave me this result:
[img]https://imgur.com/3ejaE8w[/img]

[img]https://imgur.com/a/HgTwD[/img]

----

sadly enough, my ISP cant find any problem with anything. they kept giving me the "connections are healthy" and i've already had 3 techs who tried to fix my problems but yet i'm still receiving this. my question is, what could be the cause of this issue? i've checked the pingplotter "Common Network Problems" and from the looks of it, it seems like it could be a 'Bandwidth Saturation'. the strange thing about this is when i went to cmd prompt and ping my router and modem i didnt receive any packet loss but pingplotter did. i just want to find some answers to my network problem and if it can be fixed and hope someone here who is network experience knows what my issue is. thank you.

Attachments
ping plotter 1-28-18.png (285 downloads)
ping plotter 1-28-18 (1).png (174 downloads)

Edited by portermelo (01/28/18 06:23 PM)

#3220 - 01/29/18 05:01 PM Re: A Pattern Request Timed Out/Unstable Connection every 8-15 minutes (Wired Connection AND Wireless) [Re: portermelo]
Hayla Offline
Pingman Staff

Hey Portermelo,

Thanks for getting in touch! It sounds like you've done a lot to try and chase this issue down. Thanks for giving us all that detailed information!

First of all, I can definitely see that you're having some packet loss to Google. It looks like the pattern is originating close to home, and you may not be far off with your "bandwidth saturation" theory!

So, in order to find out truly what’s going on, you'll need to let your trace run for quite some time and investigate the results to be sure. Your goal here is going to be to correlate the issues you're having to PingPlotter patterns. You'll want to start a trace running to the service you're having troubles with, like your gaming server, and leave that running while you're accessing the service. It's important to make sure that you're tracing to the gaming server, because if you trace somewhere else, there's always a different route and that can give you some results that may be inconsistent with what you're experiencing. When you're experiencing that rubberbanding, make a note somewhere of what time it happened, and look back on your PingPlotter data to see if you can find a problem pattern that relates to when the undesired behavior first started.

To start you off on interpreting your results and investigating to full potential, I'd like to point toward a very powerful guide which will be able to guide you through your entire troubleshooting process. That can be found here:

https://www.pingplotter.com/fix-your-network

If you find yourself in need of some more help along the way after you've implemented what I've recommended above, I'd be glad to offer any further guidance I can. Feel free to head to PingPlotter, hit File -> Export Sample Set, and send the file you've saved to support@pingman.com, as well as some of your notes on what times you experienced the most issues with these games. I'd be glad to take a look and chat a bit more in-depth about the issues you're seeing here!

#3222 - 02/03/18 01:16 PM Re: A Pattern Request Timed Out/Unstable Connection every 8-15 minutes (Wired Connection AND Wireless) [Re: Hayla]
portermelo Offline

Hey all,

Sorry for the late response but i wanted to update my current network issues. First and foremost i would like to thank Hayla and the pingman support team for helping me and guiding me to the culprit of my problem. My theory was close but it was actually 'ISP Bandwidth Saturation' and essentially it was the ISP problem around my area. I showed my '4th' technician pingplotter and the screenshots that i've recorded from game servers to the google servers and pointed out that the 2nd hop was their ISP hardware. The tech called his network team and his supervisor about the situation and they checked it out and there you go, it was old and damaged.

i'm really happy now because i've been having this for 3-4 months straight already and glad that something like PingPlotter just answered all my questions. Thank you all for the help.

Search

Who's Online
0 registered (), 28 Guests and 0 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod