Topic Options
#3205 - 01/06/18 12:22 PM Huge Packet Loss With Modem
gokhansir Offline

Hello,
i have huge PL with my modem i guess. i have tried another modem. i have changed my ethernet cable. but the results is same. everythink is firmware upgraded already. is this results mean my modem is trash or my ethernet port on mainboard?
Sorry for the english.

Attachments
www.google.com.png (114 downloads)
24.105.59.49.pp2 (455 downloads)
battle.net.png (107 downloads)
battle.net.pp2 (490 downloads)
battle.net.png (149 downloads)

Edited by gokhansir (01/06/18 05:35 PM)

#3206 - 01/07/18 06:13 PM Re: Huge Packet Loss With Modem [Re: gokhansir]
Hayla Offline
Pingman Staff

Hi there,

Hope this message finds you well!

I'd like to say, the packet loss that your modem is experiencing is not carrying through to the final destination, at least in the information that you've given me, so you can ultimately ignore the packet loss at the modem; the good news is that I think your modem/router is totally fine and passing requests just fine! I'd like to point you to the following article we've written that explains this better:

https://www.pingman.com/kb/5

If you're having troubles accessing a service, I don't have enough data to be able to help identify the culprit; you'll need to let these traces run for quite some time and investigate the results to be sure. You may need to do some more digging before you come up with where the problem lies. Since you might be experiencing some issues with a service, your goal here is going to be to correlate the issues you're having to PingPlotter patterns. You'll want to start a trace running to the service you're trying to access, and leave that running while you're using the service. When you're experiencing poor connection quality, make a note somewhere, and look back on your PingPlotter data to see if you can find a problem pattern that relates to when the undesired behavior first started.

To start you off, I'd like to point toward a great guide which will be able to guide you through your entire troubleshooting process. That can be found here:

https://www.pingplotter.com/fix-your-network

If you find yourself in need of some help along the way, I'd be glad to help interpret your data a bit further. I hope those pages helped point you in the right direction! Let me know if there's anything else I can do for you!

Search

Who's Online
0 registered (), 22 Guests and 0 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod