Topic Options
#3134 - 08/05/17 10:08 PM Need help reading graph and determining problem
KattSavage Offline

I don't know what this means, internet disconnects randomly and reconnects automatically. wifi and Ethernet both experience the problem.

Edited by KattSavage (08/05/17 10:10 PM)

#3136 - 08/07/17 12:23 PM Re: Need help reading graph and determining problem [Re: KattSavage]
Kody Offline
Pingman Staff

Hello,

Looking at the data that you've collected (thanks for providing that!), I can definitely see where these random drop offs seem to be happening.

There's definitely some consistent packet loss throughout your route starting at your 2nd hop and it appears *especially* consistent starting at your 4th hop. It's tough to say for certain, but it looks like your 2nd hop might be another internal device like a modem / router whereas hop 4 is going to be an external device used by your ISP. The correlation of packet loss between each hop starting at 2 and 4 is going to be a big sign as to whether this is a problem with your internal network or if it's an external problem.

I'd suggest taking a look at our step-by-step guide to resolving network issues using PingPlotter. You've already captured some good data that shows the problem, so you can jump straight in and it'll walk you through the rest:
https://www.pingplotter.com/fix-your-network/capture-problem.html

Cheers,
Kody

#3137 - 08/09/17 05:26 AM Re: Need help reading graph and determining problem [Re: Kody]
KattSavage Offline

Originally Posted By: Kody
Hello,

Looking at the data that you've collected (thanks for providing that!), I can definitely see where these random drop offs seem to be happening.

There's definitely some consistent packet loss throughout your route starting at your 2nd hop and it appears *especially* consistent starting at your 4th hop. It's tough to say for certain, but it looks like your 2nd hop might be another internal device like a modem / router whereas hop 4 is going to be an external device used by your ISP. The correlation of packet loss between each hop starting at 2 and 4 is going to be a big sign as to whether this is a problem with your internal network or if it's an external problem.

I'd suggest taking a look at our step-by-step guide to resolving network issues using PingPlotter. You've already captured some good data that shows the problem, so you can jump straight in and it'll walk you through the rest:
https://www.pingplotter.com/fix-your-network/capture-problem.html

Cheers,
Kody

the first hop is my netduma router, and the second I'm assuming would have to be my modem provided by the ISP. comparing my graph to the ones on your website (sorry didn't see the hardware one before) its extremely similar to the one with hardware issues/failure and I'm willing to bet it's the ISP modem as I've already swapped out my router with two others I have on hand and still experience the issue.

Edited by KattSavage (08/09/17 05:27 AM)

Search

Who's Online
0 registered (), 7 Guests and 3 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod