Topic Options
#3067 - 04/27/17 07:42 AM Please Help Interpret with this trace
Marc Offline

Hi, please help me interpret with the pp2 file. I am experiencing buffering with youtube for a long time and my isp says everything is fine.

Thanks in advance.

Attachments
youtube.com.pp2 (370 downloads)

Edited by Marc (04/27/17 07:44 AM)

#3069 - 04/27/17 01:14 PM Re: Please Help Interpret with this trace [Re: Marc]
Gary Offline
PingPlotter Staff

Hey Marc,

Thanks for getting in touch.

The data you've provided here doesn't directly point to any problems - a 65ms average round trip time with no packet loss is usually a pretty decent connection. It's tough to do much diagnosis on only around 20 minutes of data, though. Was this trace performed when you were experiencing any buffering issues with YouTube?

This doesn't mean that you're not experiencing problems, though - it just means that a bit of additional work may be needed to capture them.

At this point, your best bet is to continue running PingPlotter continuously (24/7, if possible). If you experience any network issues (such as buffering), you can note those in PingPlotter, and then see if you can identify any patterns that you can use to narrow down your culprit. Your next step should be to eliminate any variables (that you have control over) to see if you can isolate any other potential culprits We've actually got a guide that goes over this process in quite a bit more detail (along with some other helpful troubleshooting strategies), which you can find here:

http://www.pingplotter.com/fix-your-network

Hopefully this helps get you headed in the right direction. If you should find yourself with any questions, or needing any other guidance - please don't hesitate to let us know!

Best wishes,

-Gary

Search

Who's Online
0 registered (), 17 Guests and 0 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod