Topic Options
#2801 - 02/03/16 04:04 AM Web browser to PingPlotter Pro shows timeout error
Gordon W Offline

Hi,

Web browser to PingPlotter Pro shows timeout error and server running PingPlotter Pro hits 25% CPU - one of 4 cores hits max. This is with version 4.12.0 and using http with no security from another machine on LAN.

We do have 67 targets - is this too many for a single PingPlotter Pro? Does anyone else have this many or more targets on PP Pro? It is running (not as service) on a Server 2012 VM guest.

Thanks

Gordon

#2803 - 02/04/16 07:49 PM Re: Web browser to PingPlotter Pro shows timeout error [Re: Gordon W]
Phillip Offline
Pingman Staff

Loc: Boise, Idaho
Hey Gordon,

I'm sorry to hear you are still having freezing issues.

PingPlotter Pro can definitely handle tracing to 67 targets at the same time, but some configuration may be necessary to avoid lagging and freezing issues (which may be the culprit here).

You will want to consider the ping interval you have set and the maximum samples to hold in memory configuration. Within PingPlotter Pro, if you click Edit -> Options and then click on "Auto-Save", at the bottom you will see "Maximum samples to hold in memory". Depending on the ping interval, this will determine how long you will be able to access the history of a target. For instance, if the ping interval is set at 1 second and the maximum samples to hold in memory is set to 200,000, you will be able to view the last 2.3 days of data. If, however, the ping interval is set at 15 seconds, you will be able to view the last 34.7 days (this is where the data storage could cause the issues).

Here is an article regarding how to set up your memory footprint for long term monitoring, that you may also find useful:

http://www.pingman.com/kb/44

You can figure out what to set the "samples to hold in memory" to, by taking the time frame you would like to be able to view to and converting it into seconds (I.E. 7 days = 604800 seconds). Take the seconds and divide by the ping interval you have set (I.E. 604800 / 2.5 = 241,920). This gives you the maximum samples to hold in memory to view target history for the given amount of time you would like.

Cheers!

-Phillip

Search

Who's Online
0 registered (), 32 Guests and 0 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod