Topic Options
#2799 - 02/02/16 09:50 AM Summary Graph Confusion
John Offline

In the PingPlotter Manual, I attempted to find out what the vertical red bars indicate on the summary graphs. Unfortunately, the closest I could find was this: http://www.pingplotter.com/manual/theinterfacegraphs.html but that talks about the red line that jumps from hop to hop. The page in the manual that specifically addresses the Summary graphs doesn't discuss it (or I missed it, which is possible.)

What, exactly, does the vertical red bar in the Latency column indicate in the summary graphs and how do you determine its value (what's the scale, etc.)?

I would also suggest adding a Key to every single page, initially collapsed to minimize space used, which provides a simple explanation for any graphical item that does not have an explanation when you hover over it, such as the blue X, the red bar, the black line with start and end marks, etc.

#2800 - 02/02/16 12:10 PM Re: Summary Graph Confusion [Re: John]
Gary Offline
PingPlotter Staff

Hey John,

The vertical red bars that you see in the latency section of the summary graphs indicate each targets' average response time for the currently selected sample set. The scale for this is at the top of the latency graph (with the far left side reading
"0ms", and the right side being set with whatever your "high end" latency is).

It's *very* similar to the feature that's pointed out in the link you provided here (http://www.pingplotter.com/manual/theinterfacegraphs.html - point #7 specifically). The only difference is that on a summary screen, the value is on a target-by-target basis (so the line won't connect here the same way it does on the trace graphs).

We're actually in the process of doing some revision work to the product manual for an upcoming release, so we appreciate your feedback here! I'll be sure to get your notes forwarded on to our team so we can keep these things in mind as we move forward.

If you have any other questions, please let us know.

Best wishes,

-Gary

#2802 - 02/03/16 04:26 PM Re: Summary Graph Confusion [Re: Gary]
John Offline

OK, I thought that might be the case, but wasn't sure. Again, a small key would be nice to have for newbs. Thanks for the clarification. So, X = current latency, | = average latency and I---I is min/max latency, right?

Search

Who's Online
0 registered (), 32 Guests and 0 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod