Topic Options
#275 - 09/15/00 05:34 PM Catastrophic failure
jbrunette Offline

While running a trace (minimized to tasktray), I hear the "wham" sound (standard Windows sound that an error occured) for seemingly no reason. I minimized the windows I had open, and there's this Ping Plotter dialog box:<br><br><br><br>So, I did the only thing I could do...I threw my computer into the corner, dove on it and told my co-workers to save themselves!<br><br>Jason Brunette<br><br><br>

#276 - 09/17/00 05:34 PM Re: Catastrophic failure [Re: jbrunette]
WBL Offline

Last night, having 3 instances of PP V2.20 running when hunting a slow router box, I happened to have exactly the same Info-Box popping up.<br>There was a slight difference: <br>The file name was "misc.funny.etc - PP V2.20J"<br><br>Letīs have Fun<br>CU WBL<br>PS:<br>Joke Releases of SW are often labelled ".....J" or "...j"<br><br><br><br>

#277 - 09/18/00 11:12 AM Re: Catastrophic failure [Re: WBL]
jbrunette Offline

Now that you mention it, I did have two instances of PP actively tracing at the time of the "horrific error" (which didn't seem to affect the operation of either PPs).<br><br>Jason Brunette<br><br><br>

#278 - 09/21/00 10:43 AM Re: Catastrophic failure [Re: jbrunette]
Pete Ness Offline

Loc: Boise, Idaho
I'm working to try and reproduce this bug. Looks like it happens less often under Windows 2000 than it does on 98, so my test system's getting a good workout here.<br><br>Thanks for the reports. I hope to get this one reproduced soon (I've seen it before myself, just not very regularily at all - your hints on how to find it are helping).<br><br>

Search

Who's Online
0 registered (), 7 Guests and 3 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod