Topic Options
#2588 - 12/14/14 08:11 PM Reordering of the graphs
Marki Offline

Hi,

I'd simply like to be able to reorder the graphs (up/down).

Just recreating all of them in the wanted order is not an option.

Thanks.

#2589 - 12/15/14 11:37 AM Re: Reordering of the graphs [Re: Marki]
Gary Offline
PingPlotter Staff

Hey Marki,

Thanks for writing in!

There is currently a way in MultiPing to reorder your timeline graphs to match your target list; just right click on any timeline graph and select the "Sort to match target list" option.

If you're needing to sort your target list - there are a few options available on this front. You can click any of the top graph headings (IP, DNSName, Avg, etc) to sort the list by any of those settings.

There isn't currently a built-in method to sort the target list with a custom order; but there is, however, a bit of a workaround that can help you accomplish this. You can right click on any target in the upper graph, select "Rename selected target," and give it a title that you'd be able to sort as needed. For example, "Home Router" could be titled "#1 - Home Router," and then when you choose the option to sort by DNS name, this target would show up at the top of the target list (and then you can title other targets with a "#2," "#3," and so on to get everything in the order you need).

Hopefully this helps out! If you have any questions, need any assistance, or if you had something different in mind here - please don't hesitate to let us know.

Best wishes,

-Gary

#2644 - 04/08/15 01:05 PM Re: Reordering of the graphs [Re: Gary]
Eric Pings Offline

I can't seem to find "rename selected target" in PingPlotter Pro and I am trying to do the same thing. Is this not available in PingPlotter Pro?

Thanks!
Eric

#2645 - 04/08/15 01:26 PM Re: Reordering of the graphs [Re: Eric Pings]
Gary Offline
PingPlotter Staff

Hey Eric!

Renaming targets is completely possible in PingPlotter Pro, and this *will* be a built-in feature in the upcoming v4 release. In the meantime, if you're using the current 3.43.3p version - you'd just need to utilize an extension to accomplish this. You can find this extension (as well as some instructions on how to install and use it) here:

https://www.pingman.com/forums/ubbthreads.php/topics/2040/Extension:_Allow_renaming_of_h#Post2040

Hopefully this helps out! Please let us know if you have any questions.

Best wishes,

-Gary

Edited by Gary (04/08/15 01:31 PM)

#2649 - 04/14/15 09:41 AM Re: Reordering of the graphs [Re: Gary]
Eric Pings Offline

Sounds good - for now I'll see if I can get the extension working.

Any ETA on v4 release right now? Also, would there be a discounted pricing for upgrading from v3 to v4?

Thanks!
Eric

#2650 - 04/14/15 12:16 PM Re: Reordering of the graphs [Re: Eric Pings]
Gary Offline
PingPlotter Staff

Hey Eric,

We're getting *very* close on the v4 release front - and hoping to have it out within the next few days.

We are currently offering some discounted pricing for the upgrade (half price!). If you're interested, you can see a bit more information on this here (near the bottom of the page, under "Is v4 a paid upgrade?"):

http://www.pingplotter.com/whats-in-v4.html

If you should find yourself with any other questions - please let us know!

Best wishes,

-Gary

Search

Who's Online
0 registered (), 15 Guests and 0 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod