Topic Options
#2508 - 03/09/14 03:16 PM Hops in no logical order
VoodooSJ Offline

I started to use PingPlotter to check World of Tanks online game connection health because i had problems more than 2 weeks ago and so far no solution. Last days it became worst and cant figure out what is going on. Some hops that should be close to the destination appeared on top. Look at this. What is going on? Some help will be much appreciated.

Attachments
www.pingplotter.com.pp2 (534 downloads)

#2509 - 03/10/14 12:39 PM Re: Hops in no logical order [Re: VoodooSJ]
Gary Offline
PingPlotter Staff

Hello!

It looks as if your router may be having some trouble servicing multiple ICMP echo requests. Something to try here would be to configure PingPlotter to only do one outstanding request at a time. We've got a bit of documentation that goes through the step-by-step process on how to do this, which can be found here:

http://www.nessoft.com/kb/22

Please let us know if you have any other questions, or need any further assistance!

-Gary

#2510 - 03/12/14 03:43 PM Re: Hops in no logical order [Re: Gary]
VoodooSJ Offline

Thanks for your quick response. I did the changes you suggested. This is a plot from last night when the game was working OK. I have done a lot of test but cant figure out what is going on. Sometimes the last hop is in 230ms but the game is unplayable, and in some occasions is near 280ms but the game works fine at 230ms (in game ping metter). In every situation I have checked the IP that the game is using. Im doing a plot right now when the game is not working well to send it later. I think is a problem with my ISP and the international data transfer, because Youtube at this moment is really slow but then later like 2 AM local time starts to work better. I have tried 3 different routers too (Zyxel, Huawei and TP-Link) with just one PC trough ethernet (no other devices connected).

Attachments
wotus1-slave-63.worldoftanks.com.png

Search

Who's Online
0 registered (), 26 Guests and 2 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod