Topic Options
#2478 - 02/19/14 12:06 PM Internal exception occurs
ExNavyNuke Offline

I'm retiring my XP box and moving multiping to a Windows 7 machine. When I start MultiPing I get "An internal exception occured (Address:0x6c535d) Please, contact support @nessoft.com. Thank you!" message. I've installed on a 64 bit and a 32 bit windows 7 machine and get the same error on both machines. Any ideas what would cause this?

#2479 - 02/19/14 12:21 PM Re: Internal exception occurs [Re: ExNavyNuke]
Gary Offline
PingPlotter Staff

Hello!

Thanks for writing in - sorry to see you're having some trouble here.

Will MultiPing allow you to submit a support ticket when it prompts this error? If so - please go ahead and do so. It's a bit difficult to tell what may be going on in this scenario, and we'd love to take a bit of a closer look at things

Let us know, and we'll be happy to help troubleshoot from there!

-Gary

#2480 - 02/19/14 12:37 PM Re: Internal exception occurs [Re: Gary]
Gary Offline
PingPlotter Staff

Just a few more thoughts:

What version of MultiPing are you running? And did you re-download it directly from our site, or did you transfer your original files to the new machine?

Do you have any virus scanning software present as well? And if so, which type/version?

Let us know!

-Gary

#2481 - 02/19/14 01:10 PM Re: Internal exception occurs [Re: Gary]
ExNavyNuke Offline

I did a fresh download directly from your site to make sure I was using the latest. I am on a business computer that uses McAfee VirsuScan Enterprise + AntiSpyware Enterprise. The Windows XP computer used the same security software. I disabled the online virus scanning and tried again but got the same results. I also tried running as administrator.

MultiPing doesn't give me a chance to use the built in support request. It gives the error message immediately after opening the program and I don't even get to see any portion of the MultiPing GUI.

I also see Themida-http://www.oreans.com in the top of the dialog box.

#2482 - 02/19/14 01:45 PM Re: Internal exception occurs [Re: ExNavyNuke]
ExNavyNuke Offline

Forgot to mention the McAfee AV and spyware software is version 8.8.0

#2483 - 02/19/14 02:49 PM Re: Internal exception occurs [Re: Gary]
ExNavyNuke Offline

Another troubleshooting item. I have a license for PingPlotter and installed and successfully ran it on one of the computers that won't run MultiPing. So I would think you could rule out anything that's common between the two programs.

#2489 - 02/21/14 07:59 PM Re: Internal exception occurs [Re: ExNavyNuke]
Gary Offline
PingPlotter Staff

Hello!

I apologize for the lapse in response - we've actually been investigating/troubleshooting the possibilities on this one.

I think we may now have something - we'll try and get a test build out to you (that should hopefully fix things) by early next week.

Thanks for your patience, we appreciate it!

-Gary

#2492 - 02/22/14 07:56 AM Re: Internal exception occurs [Re: Gary]
ExNavyNuke Offline

I'm looking forward to trying the test build. Let me know if I need to provide any more information for troubleshooting.

-Bob

Search

Who's Online
0 registered (), 18 Guests and 1 Spider online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod