Topic Options
#2465 - 02/07/14 05:35 PM PingPlotter Won't Plot
i_am_jim Offline

I'm using the free version of PingPlotter. If I'm not supposed to ask my questions here please tell me where. I sent this question to PingPlotter support but got no reply.

I downloaded PingPlotter and am trying to use it, but it won't plot. Here is all it does no matter what destination/target/domain I enter:

Attachments
www.google.com.png

#2466 - 02/07/14 06:21 PM Re: PingPlotter Won't Plot [Re: i_am_jim]
Gary Offline
PingPlotter Staff

Hey Jim!

First and foremost, you're more than welcome to ask any questions you need here - regardless of what version of PingPlotter you're running. I see that you've been registered here in the forums (and have been using PingPlotter) for going on six years now - thank you for the continued support!

After a bit of digging, it would seem your original email to us was flagged, and never made it all the way through. I've pulled it into our support system, and I apologize for the delay this has caused in getting a response to your question.

I took a quick look back at your previous forum post - and it looks like things were running fine back then. Have you by chance made any changes to, or replaced your router since you've last run PingPlotter? Usually, when we see the "Destination Unreachable" message after the first hop, the likely culprit is the router. You may want to check your configuration there to see if it's currently set to block ICMP echo requests.

Alternatively, you might also check to see if there is a more recent firmware version available for your router (oftentimes, issues like this are discovered by the manufacturer and fixed).

If this leaves you with any questions, or if you need some assistance - shoot us the info on your router (brand and model number), and we'll be happy to look back through our support tickets to see if we have information about this router that might help solve the problem.

Let us know!

-Gary

#2467 - 02/07/14 06:27 PM Re: PingPlotter Won't Plot [Re: Gary]
i_am_jim Offline

That was it. I had changed routers about three days before this happened. I hadn't used pingplotter in quite a while so I had downloaded and installed the current version and thought that must be the problem.

I don't understand well what the plot results mean. Can I upload a plot here and ask for help?

#2468 - 02/10/14 11:39 AM Re: PingPlotter Won't Plot [Re: i_am_jim]
Gary Offline
PingPlotter Staff

Hey Jim,

We'll always do our best to offer any guidance, or advice we can! Please feel free to upload your PingPlotter results here, and we'll be happy to take a look.

-Gary

#2530 - 07/21/14 04:12 PM Re: PingPlotter Won't Plot [Re: Gary]
Biker52x Offline

I have two computers. Both Windows 7, Norton Security on both, both connected to same router (one WiFi other Ethernet)

On one plotting works fine on the other just the terminal IP.

What setting should I be looking for to fix the PC where it doesn't run as this is the PC where I want to run a paid version on once PingPlotter's billing dept sends me a key that I have paid for.

Search

Who's Online
0 registered (), 25 Guests and 0 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod