Topic Options
#1954 - 09/18/07 07:52 PM Calling Seattle Comcast Users
tome10 Offline

I am looking to get a Trace back to my IP from someone in Seattle with Comcast to see if there is a different route or anything to shed some light on why It is so congested right off the bat here in Atlanta.. The truth behind the image is that there is a gamer in Seattle that is invincible, and I'm trying to figure out why.. it seems that if I have 80ms to him he should have 80ms back to me and we should be somewhat equal, but he is a Mutant and i'm Pee-Wee Herman.. Maybe it has something to do with the packet loss there in seattle.. I think he has to have a different route back to me.. Also is there anything that stands out about the image that I may be missing? Again if I have a bad connection to him he should have one back to me..

Attachments
1993-SEATTLE.GIF

#1955 - 09/19/07 08:33 PM Re: Calling Seattle Comcast Users [Re: tome10]
Pete Ness Offline

Loc: Boise, Idaho
It does look like there may be some kind of problem with the connection to Seattle there. How close to the server are you, and how close is he? It may be just a problem between you and him that doesn't happen when he connects to the server, or when you connect to the server. This isn't too uncommon.

The latency between you and the server is a big deal. The latency between two clients isn't really important, unless those two clients talk to each other directly - not too likely unless you or he is hosting the server directly.

Best wishes,
Pete

Search

Who's Online
1 registered (Robertdee), 36 Guests and 1 Spider online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod