Topic Options
#1947 - 09/13/07 05:13 PM I have a real problem
Jayfaas Offline

When I try to run pingplotter I get this.

I went downstairs to my parents computer which is an old compaq running windows 98 and ran it on their computer and I got this.

I still have connection and can surf the web and get on AIM and play games, but alot of times my connection drops and same with surfing Ill have to refresh the page to get it to work. I've scheduled a comcast tech to come out here and check it out because I've read all over online forums about the new Motorola SB5120 modem being trouble with comcast service and I just bought the modem two weeks ago and thats when the problems started. Any ideas?

#1948 - 09/13/07 05:16 PM Re: I have a real problem [Re: Jayfaas]
Pete Ness Offline

Loc: Boise, Idaho
It's probably the software firewall you're running on that computer. We cover this topic here:

http://www.nessoft.com/kb/29

- Pete

#1949 - 09/13/07 05:48 PM Re: I have a real problem [Re: Pete Ness]
Jayfaas Offline

I am not currently running a firewall, and the other computer that is working right with pingplotter is also behind the router

#1950 - 09/13/07 06:48 PM Re: I have a real problem [Re: Jayfaas]
Pete Ness Offline

We've heard of this issue lots of times, and almost every time it's a software firewall of some kind. Check your virus scanner, your VPN, or any other networking tools you may have installed. The fact that one computer works and the other doesn't - and there's no other hardware involved pretty much points to one thing - some software running on your machine. It may not call itself a firewall, but it's acting like one.

- Pete

#1951 - 09/13/07 07:10 PM Re: I have a real problem [Re: Pete Ness]
Jayfaas Offline

well I completely cut off windows firewall which was never on but I made sure it wasnt, and I completely closed Trend Micro PC-Cillin and all processes pertaining to it and it still comes up with the same thing

#1952 - 09/14/07 03:04 AM Re: I have a real problem [Re: Jayfaas]
Pete Ness Offline

You should try running the tracert command from the command prompt. If it behaves similar to PingPlotter, then you know it's not a problem isolated to PingPlotter, but it's something to do with your machine. Keep looking for software that might be acting as a firewall.

If tracert is different than PingPlotter, then you should check packet type setup in PingPlotter. I suspect, though, that it's not a packet configuration problem.

Good luck,
Pete

Search

Who's Online
0 registered (), 28 Guests and 0 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod