Topic Options
#1629 - 05/23/06 01:53 PM Broken lines in the graph
Galaxiana Offline

Loc: Chicago, IL
Pete,

I opened PingPlotter just now to check the overnight TCP data coming from Battle.net, and there are breaks in the lines of graph, as shown in the image below. I know these are where the red bars showing 100% packet loss should be, so I'm posting this more as a bug-report/FYI to you rather than an actual question. I can email you the full data set I just saved, if it would be helpful to you.

Susan

Attachments
1650-broken data lines.png

#1630 - 05/23/06 02:00 PM Re: Broken lines in the graph [Re: Galaxiana]
Pete Ness Offline

Loc: Boise, Idaho
We've seen that a few times - and it's usually because of negative latencies (pretty impossible unless the clock on the computer changes, I'd think, but ...).

Go ahead and send us the sample set and we'll have a look.

Thanks,
Pete

#1631 - 05/23/06 02:33 PM Re: Broken lines in the graph [Re: Galaxiana]
Pete Ness Offline

Actually ... I thiink I was totally wrong in my analysis of the problem.

I suspect that you actually turned off the option to graph packet loss. Turn that back on at Edit -> Options, Display, Packet Loss Scale at 30% (or some other number if you prefer a different scale - 30 works well, though).

If that's not currently on "Don't graph packet loss", then send the save file and we'll look further.

- Pete

#1632 - 05/23/06 03:12 PM Re: Broken lines in the graph [Re: Pete Ness]
Galaxiana Offline

Oh yes! You're right! I turned off that option because I didn't understand why some of my red lines go only halfway up, and others go all the way up, even though both represent 100% packet loss, when viewing the graph in longer time frames. I tried turning off "graph packet loss" in an effort to comprehend this better, but I didn't have time to finish reading all of your wonderful tutorials and knowledge base articles to see if they answered my question. The half-lines I am referring to are like this 12-hour image below (with graph packet loss 30% turned back on).

Sorry for the confusion, and again, I am sooooooooo grateful for your time and help!

Susan

Attachments
1653-half-lines.png

#1633 - 05/23/06 04:05 PM Re: Broken lines in the graph [Re: Galaxiana]
Pete Ness Offline

We have a knowledge base article that should answer your question on time graph packet loss height:

http://www.nessoft.com/kb/20

- Pete

#1634 - 05/23/06 06:11 PM Re: Broken lines in the graph [Re: Pete Ness]
Galaxiana Offline

Thank you, Pete. You REALLY rock, dude! =)

Susan

Search

Who's Online
0 registered (), 23 Guests and 1 Spider online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod