Topic Options
#1397 - 06/13/05 01:25 PM Graph sort order
Anonymous
Unregistered

First, thanks for an excellent product, and a terrific value for the price.

I wish the the order of the graphs would match the order of the targets displayed at the top. So when I sort the targets, the graphs sort to match.

Either this, or a seperate sort that can be applied to the graphs.

There is not currently any way to control the order of the graphs other than the order in which they are added, right?

#1398 - 06/24/05 12:35 PM Re: Graph sort order
Pete Ness Offline

Loc: Boise, Idaho
You're right - there is currently no way to sort.

We're toying with some ideas on this front, and we're thinking that a "Sort to match summary graph" option would achieve what you're after (since that's one of the options you suggest), but it would not automatically update as the upper graph's order changed. Is that OK? If we allowed you to sort it at any time and then that sort order stuck - even after the upper graph was resorted to some *other* order, is that what you would expect to happen?

Thanks!

#1399 - 06/28/05 03:58 PM Re: Graph sort order [Re: Pete Ness]
Anonymous
Unregistered

What you describe would work great for me. Some users may "expect" that once they sort it to match the upper that it maintains that relationship, but others would probably find that an annoying behaviour. (You can't please everybody!) You could provide both options, but then you make the interface more complex--and that is not worth it in my opinion.

So I say, what you described would be a nice enhancement to the product, and would definitely satisfy me.

Search

Who's Online
0 registered (), 22 Guests and 0 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod