Hey Austinite,

Thanks for reaching out!

After taking a look at your PingPlotter data that you provided it looks like there could be a couple of issues with your connection.

If you look at your trace to your router you will notice that there are latency spikes every few minutes. While this is not the only contributor to the issues you are experiencing I suggest at the very least restarting your router and checking for any firmware updates. If this doesn't help clear up there latency spikes and you haven't replaced your router in 4-5 years it may be time to start looking into a replacement.

In regards to your main issue of high jitter from what I can see in your trace data this appears to be starting around the 2nd or 3rd hop. I did a WhoIs lookup on the IP addresses for these hops and it looks like they both belong to Charter Communications.

I suggest first troubleshooting your latency spike issue at your router before reaching out to your ISP about the jitter issue. After that if you choose to reach out to your ISP about this issue (which very well could be due to the work being done around your house) I suggest running a trace directly to hop #2 (70.112.64.1) as this should make it respond better to the packets sent by PingPlotter. Once you have done this you can compare hops #2 and #3 to determine which is the source of the problem and relay this information to your ISP.

If you choose to reach out to your ISP I recommend looking over the following article we have on Building A Case:

Building A Case

If you have any questions about this let me know!

Best of luck,
-TJ