Hello Hayla,

thanks for your reply, awesome amount of info there smile

So trying to make it down the list of your recommendations.. Sadly I'm having issues logging into my admin user on my router which means I probably don't have a way of accessing the logs from the outage. I have thought about factory reset but would then have to way for another outage to gather data about it..

The router in question is actually the second one and the issues are virtually identical - ISP was keen to be helpful and agreed to swap the router for newer one but this has not resolved the problem.

The network diagnostic is currently showing fine, obviously would need to try that during the outage.

also I'm a bit confused at what time are you seeing that steps like behaviour as when I see it on my end, it's around 2-3pm, but yours seems to have diffrent times .. could it be because I'm in UK??

Also, would the step like issues be any linked to the lack of internet during that last hour of the report? In the afternoon when the red lines and step like graph were occurring there is a high chance that TV was on as well as up to 3 kindles, 3 mobile phones, laptop, raspberry pi and Alexa... so I wouldn't be surprised if there was some overload issue at that time... but the hour of no internet was happening right after midnight, when it was just one laptop and non-active mobile... I also get the updates, but for the whole hour?

And what is your opinion on the sudden small number of hops and how can it be that PingPlotter is still showing green yet obviously from my wifi setting there internet has stalled?

Also, I have wireshark but after install I read that it's not meant to be used for network availability issues so I started using pingplotter instead... so I don't know how to use wireshark at all... so if it was any help I could try it but please let me know what to do...

thanks for all the help so far
Maya