Thanks for the response. The issue is only seen while gaming, it happens all the time at random times not matter what I'm doing, but since gaming is so dependent, especially in a FPS game, upon a stable connection, that is where I really see it. I have several nest cams running on my network also and they never skip a beat. Ive been dealing with someone on dsl reports that works for mediacom and he is really trying to get to the bottom of everything. Hop 2 is most definitely my modem, but having tried different modems, we have ruled that out as the cause. He ran a voice session on my line the last few days, and while he is not seeing any signal issues, he was detecting the ping/latency issues but is unsure of the cause. He has escalated it further and techs are coming out tomorrow. So at least I finally have someone saying its not my equipment that is causing the problems which is a step in the right direction I guess.

As for the steps listed, I have traced everything on my net work and it all comes back fine. The only place I start getting the packet loss is when I go past Hop 2, my modem. I have my PS4 hardwired to my modem independent of my router, everything else goes through my router, so that further shows it is happening at the modem, only its not actually the modem that is the problem considering we have tried 2 other modems from mediacom as well...

Regardless I appreciate you looking at the data and trying to offer a direction to take. I will hopefully get some answers tomorrow from the techs...