Hey there Brian,

I'm sorry you've been having such a hard time getting your internet connection fixed - I'd be glad to give you a hand here!

I pulled in the data from your share page into my instance of PingPlotter, and it looks like the primary troublemaker is hop #2 (10.167.32.1). There does seem to be intermittent packet loss starting in the middle of the route (which is exacerbating the issue), but these are few and far between.

I attached an image of my findings, which I annotated for your convenience. If you'll notice, the pattern of latency and packet loss carries through from hop#2 all the way to the destination (google.com).

Since this issue seems to present itself only during gameplay, there's a slight possibility the issue could be related to bandwidth saturation. You can use some online tools and test your bandwidth, then cross-reference those values to what your ISP is currently offering you.

From what you've described, the device at hop #2 could be your modem. If not though, it's likely a device owned by your ISP - in which case, showing them this data should give them an incentive to fix it.

In either case, we have some tried-and-true steps you can take to start thoroughly narrowing down the issue:

1. Trace to the site or service you are having issues with (Netflix, Fortnite server, Zoom.com, etc.).
2. You can also trace to your ISP (generally hop #2 or #3). A "WHOIS" google search on the IP address usually provides results about who the IP address is registered to.
3. Trace to your modem/router. It's usually the first (and possibly second) hop in the route - 192.168.50.1 or something similar).
4. Trace to your NIC (Network Interface Card). In Windows, run Command Line as administrator and type ipconfig and look for the IPv4 address - this is your NIC IP.
5. Finally, trace to your loopback address (127.0.0.1). This lets you verify that any issues you are seeing are not related to the hardware or IP stack on the machine you're using.
6. In your trace window, double-click each entry to bring up their Timeline Graphs.
7. When latency or packet loss occurs, compare the graphs and look for where the issue begins.

Here are a few articles which discuss these topics a little further:

- Interpreting Latency and Packet Loss
- Requests/Responses/Behaviors
- Common Network Problems

Let us know if this leaves you with any questions!

All the best,

Austin Berner
Software Support Technician | Pingman Tools
support@pingman.com | (208) 345-0030

Attachments
image1.png (67 downloads)