So over the last year I have had this issue about a dozen times. It typically comes and goes. I use DNScrypt to prevent malicious DNS spoofing attacks. The last two days the servers I connect to have been blocked. I will connect to one, and it works fine, and within a few minutes it is blocked. Then I connect to another, it works fine... and after a few minutes it is blocked, and so on and so fourth. Eventually the blocks are removed, and everything works fine. The blocks I witnessed occurred in Amsterdam, Netherlands, and my current Country, Canada, by a data centre owned by my ISP not far from where I live [last image below]. I otherwise for months on end, surf without these problems. When this happens typically NTP server connections are blockd as well. All of this happened within a few short hours over the last two days. The blocks have since been lifted for now. This is extremely irritating, and all the more so, knowing these agencies can cause DoS of critical security systems necessary to prevent hacking and DNS tampering.

The only dnscrypt servers they didn't block were https://restoreprivacy.com/5-eyes-9-eyes-14-eyes/ 5 eyes jurisdiction corporate DNS such as cloudflare and quad9. I guess the last hop before packet loss is where the facilities are located where they are able to attack users with DoS and possibly other avenues; unless this is possible in other ways. If you could explain to me more that would be greatly appreciated.

Image 1:

Image 2:

Image 3:

NOW within an hour r two, all of these are working fine, according to PingPlotterPro.

Edited by Joemaja (03/05/19 09:16 PM)