Hello Phillip,

Thanks for your reply. After some more experimenting, I have determined that my network is somehow causing downstream packet loss. If I plug my laptop directly into the cable modem, I get livable, but not great results. Packet loss at the final hop over 3-4 hours in the middle of the day was at 1.7%. Average latencey was around 250ms, which is not good. If I plug my laptop into my network switch, behind my router, packet loss will jump 5% to 15%. My router is relatively lightly loaded, so I'm going to see about updating the firmware. Do you have any thoughts about why my router could be causing downstream packet loss? Ping plotter is not showing any loss in my network, but something is definitely going wrong downstream.

Also, the problem gets worse when traffic moves from comcast to level 3. I think that might be that level 3 is de-prioritizing ping plotters test packets, but I'm not sure.

Also, Comcast seems to be routing my traffic differently this week than they have the past couple of weeks. One of their worst routers is no longer in the path. So perhaps I will get my voip phones working after all.

Also, I am running the mac version of Ping Plotter. Is there a way to expand the graph time from 1 minute?

Thanks,

Ross