Hey all-
So I've been having a problem with comcast in Houston. I've noticed a 1-2% packet loss at any time of day. I've attached my pingplotter-std data set for about 45 min of 1 sec collection to the customer.comcast.com server. It shows that the latency is pretty constant, but I get random packet loss at all hops (outside of my personal network). I also get frequent T3 time-outs show up in my modem log (but nothing more, no reboots or anything). I did get comcast to send a tech out, who was very helpful. He ended up (with the help of his supervisor) running a new cable from the box outside into my apartment, using new splitters (but the same number/etc) and a brand new comcast modem to prove that the problem wasn't caused by the wiring/connections in my apartment or my modem. He agreed that the problem was in comcast's network. The supervisor ran a series of tests (not sure which ones) and came back saying there was a lot of noise in a node, which based on the frequency(?) of the noise was likely due to AT&T splicing into their system. I don't know if that is possible, but would that cause the problems I'm seeing? He said he would put in a work order for a line tech to work on it, but 4 days have passed and no improvement. I want to follow up on this issue, but I want to be able to provide suggestions as to what may be causing the issue. Does anyone have any suggestions or has seen anything like this?
Thanks!!

Attachments
customer.comcast.com.pp2 (524 downloads)