Well,

I sent another letter yesterday to the parties involved except to Embanet.

Hi Dan and Brandon, (Xplornet and Sungard employees)

Thank you for taking the time to look into this for me.

I see that the problem still exists though, and I’m not hopeful this will be resolved anytime soon. I’ve had this issue since Sept of last year and to be quite frank with you, I’m at my wits end.

I’ve decided to go by way of litigation to seek restitution for the lack of support, personal damages including my health and welfare, and other reasons. As you can imagine, I’ve built quite a case regarding this issue and I feel very confident that I will have no problem convincing the courts that I’m a victim.

My main target of course is Embanet/Ontario Learn. Their failure to resolve this problem and having made me veer off the beaten path to investigate, has seriously taken time away from my studies. This has not only affected my train of thought and grades, but my health as well. I pretty much had to change my entire life to adapt to the login times available to me, login times by the way that I had to figure out myself. I’m used to getting up at 8:00AM, not going to bed at this time. This has stressed me in many other areas as well, from finances too my relationship and family, too the very way I live my life. I am on a timeline regarding courses I must take and my future, this timeline has been crippled.

As it stands, I’m still waiting for responses from both Xplornet and Sungard regarding the high packet loss on the link between Sungard and Embanet. There’s a reason for this packet loss other than my computer or connection, and it needs to at least be found and or corrected.
I will ask my lawyer to seek an external audit of the networks involved regarding this issue, if need be. As far as I’m concerned, it was Embanet’s responsibility to correct this problem from the very beginning.

I hope that one of you can provide me with a concrete answer as to what is causing the high packet loss, “we know where it’s happening”. Also, if it will be corrected.

Regards,

Mike Thellend

Then I tried to login to my system during the day today and voila!

Here’s a 7 day scale tracert from the separate dynamic IP, computer, and Xplornet account I have, packet loss disappeared;

Here is my static IP and system on a 30 minute scale;
This problem was corrected at exactly 3:55.42PM today. I noticed a lot of action regarding IP changes and new routes from hop 6 to hop 15.

I didn't receive any email from them telling me it had been repaired. I still don't know who is responsible or what exactly was wrong. I decided to send one final email.

OK,

I take this back! “I see that the problem still exists though, and I’m not hopeful this will be resolved anytime soon”

Gentlemen, I feel that I’m entitled to know a few of the W5’s here for the months of trouble I went through.

Who was responsible to correct this problem? Was it Embanet seeing as that I was a student through them or Xplornet my ISP?

What was the problem? We know it was packet loss but was the cause bandwidth saturation on the link between Sungard and Embanet, a hardware issue or something else?

Where was the problem? I think I had that right too but was it somewhere else or a combination of two or more places? I noticed 19 hops now instead of 13, different route midpoint now but still Sungard to Embanet.

I would appreciate that these questions be answered,

Regards,

Mike Thellend

So now I'm going to wait and see.

Without concrete evidence there was a problem to begin with I would have probably never got the point across to them.

Thanks PingPlotter!

Edited by acdcmike1 (02/17/12 09:55 PM)