Hi Kim.<br><br>Thanks for the followup and feedback. I've got some questions for you - and some comments. I'd like to make sure I'm solving the right problems - and coming from the right direction.<br><br>First off, overwriting previous saves is something I intended to use to make sure data is saved. A few people had expressed concern about making sure their data is saved - and the save interval reflects the ability to save as often as you want to. <br><br>Different save intervals can actually be used with any filename. For example, in my testing, I found that I liked to have save sets separated by hour, but I saved much more often.<br><br>In your case, for example, you might set up your filename to be: to $host\$date.$hour.00. You could then set your save interval to something pretty low (say 5 minutes), and you'd save every 5 minutes, but only the last save in an hour would "stick". Any previous saves would be overwritten, and would happen mostly just to make sure you got a save (in case you rebooted, lost power, whatever).<br><br>The "Auto-Save Data" and "Auto-Save Image" really evolved a bit together - and using this kind of mechanism with "Auto-Save Image" works great - save often, but use a common filename. With images, you might just use "$host", and then just overwrite the file a *lot* (once a minute?). Doing that, you would have a fixed name that you could include on an intranet page (or, possibly, internet, if you put something in place to get that image to a publishable site).<br><br>Ok, with that background in place ...<br><br>Personally, I kind of like to have at least *some* overlap. This makes sure I can entirely see problem periods - and 30 minutes isn't really enough. With only 30 minutes saved in a file, you have a pretty good chance of having to load up a previous file. My vision of this would be to have a few overlapping files so I don't have to reload. <br><br>Of course, having 24 150K files every day may not be so good for you either - and there's no position between xxx.day and xxx.day.hour. It sounds like in your case, 4 save files a day would work pretty well (still saved every 30 minutes if you wanted, or more or less often). There's no way to get ($hour div 6), though.<br><br>So, there's a few possible angles I can see here.<br><br>1) Add a "time period" to save. If you're saving every 30 minutes, have another parameter that says how much data to save (in time, rather than sample counts).<br><br>2) Allow for some way of saving fewer files than .day.hour, but more than .day.<br><br>I will add the capability of having it create the directory if it needs to. I agree that the $host\$date... thing could be pretty neat.<br><br>I'm interested in hearing your (and everyone else's) thoughts on this.<br><br>Thanks!<br><br>